Registration will be open on september 1, 2018.
The annual Harvard Undergraduate Science Olympiad Division C Invitational Tournament will be held on Sunday, February 3, 2018 on the historical campus of Harvard University in Cambridge, MA. Our Division C event will feature 40 teams competing in all 23 events. Competition events will run from approximately 7:00am to 3:00pm with the closing ceremony finishing by 6:00pm.
- Our schedule will mirror the 2018 Nationals Schedule
- Event Writers/Supervisors will be Science Olympiad alumni here at Harvard College, many of whom have attended Nationals. That being said, coaches do not need to worry about running events or bringing materials.
- Each school may register up to 2 teams.
Due to numerous requests, the Harvard Undergraduate Science Olympiad is exploring the possibility of running a Division B Invitational Tournament. Please contact us if you are interested or check back in September for more information.
- Teams must be registered with their state Science Olympiad organization prior to competing in the HUSO Invitational Tournament.
- Teams must conform to the Division C membership rules found here and all competing students must conform to the eligibility rules found here
- All students must sign (1) Code of Conduct, (2) HUSO Program Consent Form, (3) Parent Consent Form for Minors in Lab, (4) Acknowledgement of Risk and Release for Minors in Labs, and (5) Talent Release Form prior to competing in the HUSO Invitational Tournament. Forms will be provided to coaches after registration is confirmed.
- Teams must abide by the Official Code of Ethics and General Rules specified here
- The HUSO Invitational Tournament will be scored based on the Official Scoring Guidelines specified here
- Unless otherwise stated, the HUSO Invitational Tournament will adhere to all rules stated in the national rule book and national event clarifications posted here. In cases which the printed national rule book specifies different rules or content for different competition levels, the HUSO Invitational Tournament will follow the the rules specified for the regional tournament level
- Each team must be accompanied to the HUSO Invitational Tournament by one adult (coach, adviser, etc). Schools bringing two teams must be accompanied by two unique adults. Every team will be given access to a homeroom in Harvard Yard where the chaperone must reside for the duration of the tournament